Opening a New Door to Small Business Success
The Entrepreneur District brings together 10 business owners from various industries, giving them access to both the office space they need and the collaboration they crave to create, work, and grow...at no charge!
How It Works
The Entrepreneur District isn't your average co-working space or development group. It's a place where business owners can come as they are and work together to grow their businesses...and themselves.
1. Become a Resident
(This could be YOU!)
The Entrepreneur District is designed for business owners with one of the following two goals:
- The desire and potential to grow and scale their business
- The desire to maintain their business at its current level by creating a more robust, well-rounded business
2. Step Inside
(What's behind the door?)
What Residents Will Get
The Entrepreneur District provides the following for Residents (all under one roof!):
- Office space
- Free or low cost services
- Education and Training
3. Create, Learn, and Grow
(We're all in this together!)
What Residents Will Do
Together at the Entrepreneur District, Residents will:
- Have their own office space to get work done
- Benefit from idea generation and skill development from fellow Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Gain access to valuable business resources and partners
- Establish tangible ways to give back to their community
- Participate in problem solving discussions with like-minded entrepreneurs
4. Be Transformed!
(It's about who you become.)
A Better Business. A Better You.
The Entrepreneur District transforms Residents with not only trackable and tangible growth, but with:
- Greater adaptability
- Sharper judgement
- Fresh perspectives
- Attunement to cultural values
- More developed instincts
Days Until Applications Open
The Entrepreneur District brings together 10 business owners from various industries, providing them with essential office space located at Dakota Business Lending. Through this physical community of Residents, the Entrepreneur District lessens common barriers for entrepreneurs to help them better generate ideas, create efficiencies, fill gaps, and serve the community with their talents - all while growing and sustaining their own businesses.
The Entrepreneur District is for business owners who have one of the following two goals:
- The desire and potential to grow and scale their business (such as hire employees, own/rent their own office space, expand to other cities, go from part-time to full-time business owners, increase revenue, etc.)
- The desire to sustain their business at its current level by creating a more robust, well-rounded business (such as product development, service streamlining, etc.).
You must meet three qualifications in order to apply to become an Entrepreneur in Residence:
- Must be a business in current operation or in good standing
- Must be in need of physical office space
- Must have an eagerness to collaborate and a desire to be transformed
As part of the Entrepreneur District, business owners who were once siloed now have the opportunity to expand by working in fellowship with other Entrepreneurs in Residence.
As neighbors under one roof, this residency encourages entrepreneurs to create partnerships that would have otherwise been unattainable.
The Entrepreneur District Provides:
- Office space
- Free or low cost needed services (i.e. marketing, accounting, etc.)
- Education and training
- Business coaching
The Residents Contribute:
- Volunteer hours donated back their community
- Ideas, advice, collaboration, and partnerships to help others grow and succeed
The Entrepreneur District can provide support for each of the above listed needs in the following ways:
- Environment - A physical office space to better focus, host meetings, and connect with office neighbors in-person, fostering an atmosphere of ideas and collaboration
- Mentorship - The opportunity to develop wisdom and insight from seasoned professionals
- Education - Training to help Residents in subjects outside of their area of expertise, but critical for a high-functioning business
- Collaboration and Partnerships - Idea generation and skill development outside of their own perspectives by tapping into the talents of other Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Capital - Access to financing to expand their business if needed
By filling the above needs, the Entrepreneur District transforms Residents with not only tangible and trackable growth, but also with...
- Greater adaptability to ever changing conditions, trends, and environments
- Sharper judgement of how to handle situations, problems, and opportunities
- Fresh perspectives to better think outside of the box and uncover new ways of looking at old problems
- Attunement to cultural values and how to better understand and represent our community and our world
- More development instincts to quickly solve problems, act on opportunities, and enhance speed of doing business
Residents' growth then ripples outward, having a multitude of effects on our community!
Applications open on January 5, 2023 and will be posted on this page to download. Contact Michaela to sign up and be notified.
January 5, 2023 - Applications open
February 1, 2023 - Applications due
March 2023 - Move-in to the Entrepreneur District begins