Credit and Underwriting Specialist
Are you energetic, detail-oriented, organized, thorough and work with a great deal of confidentiality. Can you easily switch between various tasks of the lending process and easily prioritize? The Credit Underwriting Specialist will ensure compliance with Agency (SBA & USDA Rural Development) rules and regulations, develop and complete new credit requests, and monitor and review all loans within our Corporate risk rate model. Additional responsibilities include compliance with all regulations and loan policies, frequent reporting to various Federal agencies, and compliance with our internal loan review. The Credit Underwriting Specialist will assist in all areas of the lending process to insure quality service is maintained and Dakota Business Lending’s reputation as a leading small business lender in North Dakota and Western Minnesota is not compromised. This position directly reports to the Senior Credit & Portfolio Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Input loan information into the CRM, loan and document management systems.
- Enter all data into loan management software (Ventures): personal, business financials, financing, financing details, equity injection, pull credit memos, enter credit reports, projections, collateral section
- Send credit memos and risk rating on new loan requests to loan officers for review.
- Draw conclusions on loan requests and send credit memos to loan offices for review. Work with loan officers to edit and insure an accurate and complete credit memo is developed.
- Send credit memo and loan write-up to President & CEO for inclusion on the Loan Review Committee agenda.
- Complete all risk rating on loans at approval and again, at funding. Complete all annual risk rates on entire Dakota Business Lending portfolio.
- Monitor annual financials – work with existing staff on annual reviews for each loan (enter financials and do risk rates).
- Review / monitor all closed files to insure compliance with loan covenants and / or loan agreements as well as ensure pertinent information is updated for a completed collateral file.
- Complete agency reporting requirements for special program loans (504, ILP, IRP, Community Advantage).
- Assisting in the processing and preparation of loan packages by obtaining pre-applications and documents from lenders and businesses. Assemble and prepare loan applications for submission and approval by the Dakota Business Lending loan committee and SBA.
- Work with the loan processing staff and loan officers to insure timely and accurate response from appropriate agencies such as SBA, USDA Rural Development and other entities.
- Assist with all loan closing documents as needed.
- Assist with loan servicing activities including answering questions, providing information, following up on delinquent accounts and reviewing files prior to and after completing site visits. Learn and assist with complex servicing requests.
- Become an expert on the regulations of our lending programs to field and answer any questions related to Dakota Business Lending programs.
- This position serves as a back-up in the closing area. It assists in processing. up-front related work with loan officers.
The person in this job should have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field and at least three years of relevant lending experience or three to five years of commercial lending and working with small business experience. Experience in commercial lending and in working with the SBA a plus. Must be able to work independently and have a knack for building trusted relationships with a variety of people and entities. Attention to detail is important to be successful in this role for understanding and compliance with regulations.
Our team values collaboration, ability to communicate professionally, desire to succeed, and passion for our mission so these attributes are key. We embrace having fun at work, enjoying the work we do, flexibility and having a positive impact on the success of small businesses in ND, western MN, and rural Montana.
We offer a caring, collaborative culture, casual/business casual dress code, top-notch benefits package, and competitive salary based on experience. Dakota Business Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Effective date June 3, 2019.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to Steve Dusek, President/CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!