We love having Talented People like you on our team
At Dakota Business Lending, we believe in working hard to help others achieve their dreams. We are passionate about small business and finding creative financing options. The work we do is challenging and rewarding. As a small, not-for-profit company, the resolve and support of our team is paramount to our success. We strive to create a work environment that is collaborative, fun, flexible, and engaging. If you are intrigued by this type of work and our team, see below for potential opportunities to be part of something we think is rather incredible!
Loan Processor Position
The role of the Loan Processor must be energetic, detail-oriented, organized, thorough and work with a great deal of confidentiality. The incumbent will provide a high level of administrative support to the Dakota Business Lending development and officer team, specifically in the loan processing functions of the Corporation to ensure proper compliance with Agency (SBA & USDA Rural Development) rules and regulations. The person who fills this role will have extensive interaction with internal and external customers to developed quality loan applications. Must be self-motivated, have strong work ethic, very responsive, and have the ability to learn an work in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, with small business clients and banking partners (third party lenders) in a timely, professional
- Provide loan application processing support to the Dakota Business Lending development and officer
- Assemble and submit pre-screen requests to SBA such as 912, franchise agreements, and other
- Create and maintain physical and electronic loan files throughout the application
- Review loan application packages for completeness and accuracy and correspond with Dakota Business Lending, lenders, and borrowers regarding outstanding items as well as ongoing monitoring to ensure receipt of the necessary Communicate loan application package deficiencies to applicants, third party lenders & the Dakota Business Lending team
- Complete in-house loan application processing tasks such as pulling credit bureaus, requesting tax transcripts, verifying CAIVRS, verifying entity status with the Secretary of State, ordering certified articles, obtaining appraisal and environmental report approval, and various 327 tasks,
- Input the loan application information into the Loan Ventures System.
- Generate the SBA Authorization document in accordance with SBA’s guidelines and regulations and Dakota Business Lending’s loan approval
- Assemble and submit loan application packages to the appropriate governing authority for their
- Assist with the resolution of any screen out or decline responses received from SBA
- Assemble, prepare, and submit complete, accurate SBA Authorization change requests to the
- Communicate package deficiencies and follow up with borrowers and third-party lenders regularly to ensure timely processing of loan servicing requests.
- Work in collaboration with our closing and servicing team members to provide excellent customer service and responsive to our customers.
- Assist co-workers in any areas that need immediate
- Assist with creation and up-keep of procedures, checklists, and workflow
- On-going monitoring of SBA, USDA RD and any other agency’s loan policies and regulations to ensure that we remain in compliance.
The person in this job should have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field and at least three to five years of relevant lending experience. Experience in commercial lending, Small Business Administration lending, loan processing and in working with the SBA a plus. This is not an entry level position. Must be able to work independently and have a knack for building trusted relationships with a variety of people and entities.
Our team values integrity, dedication, being knowledgeable, professionalism, responsiveness, and passion for our mission and vision. We embrace having fun at work, enjoying the work we do, flexibility and having a positive impact on the success of small businesses in North Dakota, western Minnesota, and Montana. We offer a caring, collaborative culture, casual/business casual dress code, top-notch benefits package, and competitive salary based on experience. This position is based out of our Fargo, ND office. Dakota Business Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested, send a resume to email@example.com. Effective date May 20, 2020.